Applications open for Highlanders Assistant Coach - Defence
- July 28, 2017
Highlanders Assistant Coach – Defence
Location: Dunedin New Zealand
- A rare opportunity to work with and develop elite players
- Contribute to the leadership of a high-performance rugby programme
- Help guide the Highlanders to win Investec Super Rugby Titles
Are you a first-class defence coach who has a proven record of supporting and coaching elite athletes and rugby teams? This is a rare opportunity to be part of the development and success of the Highlanders, as well as New Zealand rugby on the global stage.
As the Highlanders Assistant Coach – Defence you will contribute to the leadership and development of players to maximise their performance in all aspects of defence.
As part of the Highlanders Coaching team you will:
- Assist the Highlanders Coach to coach the team to a standard of excellence that enhances the reputation of rugby and the team, both within New Zealand and internationally
- Develop and implement the Highlanders defence strategy
- Contribute to the development of game plans as well as the review and analysis of team performance
- Monitor and assess the performance of eligible players to assist with team selection
In addition to your defence coaching experience and expertise, you will have a strong understanding of the high-performance sporting environment. You will be an outstanding leader with a high degree of self-awareness and proven experience developing athletes and building the capability of those who work with you.
Your ability to build relationships with multiple rugby stakeholders will help to ensure your success in the role. To be successful in this role you must bring experience working with and coaching at an International, Super Rugby, Mitre 10 Cup or equivalent level.
The successful candidate must:
- Maintain a current passport and be eligible to travel overseas and back to New Zealand (including being eligible to obtain any necessary visas)
- Obtain a clear Ministry of Justice Criminal Convictions check
- Hold a full clean driver’s license
- Have an ability and willingness to travel nationally and internationally with the team
View the Job Description here