2024 Internship Programme
The University of Otago Internship programme has been running for over 10 years providing opportunities for many students to apply the knowledge they learn in the classroom to the professional sports industry and now we’re looking for students to join our Club and become part of our industry-leading internship programme.
- Candidate must be eligible for HUMS301/401
- Candidates should be Marketing students or able to display keys skills relevant to the individual projects listed below.
Applications for these internships have now closed.
In 2024 the Highlanders are looking for interns to work within the Commercial, Marketing and Communications teams.
- Total of 150 hours (unpaid) – made up of 7 home game weeks + Individual Projects + Additional events
- Each intern will have an individual project as well as completing the group internship requirements
- Individual projects include Fan Research, Fan Experience, Commercial & Community Leverage and Social & Digital Marketing
- You will assist with the event planning, promotion and delivery of each Highlanders home games during the 2024 season
- Take ownership of one aspect of the event and lead delivery
The internship runs from 1 Feb 2024 – 30 June 2024. From this date, a timetable will be established to fit with the study and work commitments of the successful applicants.
Applications open for the 2024 season on 1st October 2023 and close 15th October 2023.