2022 Internship Programme
The University of Otago Internship programme has been running for over 10 years providing opportunities for many students to apply the knowledge they learn in the classroom to the professional sports industry and now we’re looking for five more students to join our Club and become part of our industry-leading internship programme. These internships are designed around the Highlanders home season and focus on marketing, promotion, media and event delivery. Each selected intern will also be given an individual project which will be carried out over the duration of the 2022 Super Rugby Pacific season.
- Candidate must be eligible for HUMS301/401
- Candidates should be Marketing students or able to display keys skills relevant to the individual projects listed below.
In 2022 the Highlanders are looking for FIVE interns to work within the Commercial, Marketing and Communications teams.
- Total of 150 hours (unpaid) – made up of 7 home game weeks + Individual Projects + Additional events
- Each intern will have an individual project as well as completing the Marketing and Event group internship requirements.
- Individual projects include Fan Research, Fan Experience, Commercial & Community Leverage and Social & Digital Marketing
- You will assist with the event planning, promotion and delivery of each Highlanders’ home game during the 2022 season.
- Take ownership of one aspect of the event and lead the delivery of this aspect to market – i.e. the ‘Zoo’ or ‘Take A Kid To the Highlanders’.
- The opportunity will also exist to become involved in other areas of the Highlanders’ business providing it doesn’t conflict with the core role of the internship.
The internship runs from 1 Feb 2022 – 30 July 2022. From this date, a work timetable will be established to fit with your study and work commitments of the interns.
There is also a pre-season game in February 2022 which we will be looking for one or two individuals to assist with matchday delivery.
Application - Open Now
Please fill out the online form below by Friday 29th October (Communications) - Marketing and Events internship positions are now closed.