HIGHLANDERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
Updated: 6 July 2023
|In these Terms, references to “we”, “us” and/or “our” are references to the “Highlanders”. “Highlanders” has the same meaning as the “Highlanders Rugby Club Limited Partnership”, abbreviated to “Highlanders”.
|The word “you” refers to you
|These Terms form a legally binding contract (Agreement) between the person named on the Membership account (Member) and the Highlanders.
|The Member acknowledges and agrees that their Membership with the Highlanders is subject to these In addition to the terms of the Agreement, each Member must comply with any rules and regulations imposed by the Venue where a Match is held.
- “Finals Match” means any match designated as a Highlanders home finals match played at the Venue;
- “Home Match” means any of the matches designated as a Highlanders home match during the relevant Super Rugby home and away season, and any other Highlanders fixture as notified to you in your Membership pack, and excludes any Finals Match;
- “Match” means the relevant Home Match or game (as appropriate) and any other match/game as notified to you in your Membership pack;
- “Membership Fee” means the fee payable by a Member to the Highlanders on the terms set of the Agreement;
- “Membership” means the Highlanders Club Membership and any other category of membership of the Highlanders;
- “Super Rugby” means the Super Rugby competition conducted by SANZAAR Pty Ltd ACN069 272 304;
- “Terms” means these terms and conditions; and
- “Home Venue” means Forsyth Barr Stadium,
2. GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Payment of Membership must be made in full, at the time of renewal or purchase unless you have chosen to make payment by instalments via buy now pay later service provider, Laybuy (subject to Laybuy Terms and Conditions).
- It is a condition of sale of a Membership that the Membership (or associated tickets to Highlanders matches) may not, without the prior written consent of Highlanders, be resold at a premium nor used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of this condition, the bearer of the ticket will be denied
- It is the Member’s sole responsibility to notify the Highlanders of any change in Member contact details at the soonest possible opportunity, including changes of address or contact details or any relevant information that could affect your Membership.
- A Highlanders Club Membership provides access and entry as per membership category specifications to regular season home games at the home venue for the 2024 season.
- Highlanders Club Membership benefits are non-transferable. On-selling Highlanders Club Membership benefits are in breach of the Highlanders Club Membership terms and conditions, penalties for this breach may include cancellation of the Highlanders Club Membership in question.
- Highlanders Club Memberships purchased online via our membership portal are also subject to Ticketek terms and conditions and Members should make themselves aware of Ticketek’s terms and conditions before purchasing.
- Highlanders Club Membership inclusions and benefits are subject to change if deemed necessary by the Highlanders. The Highlanders will do their best to provide as much notice as possible to Members should changes to membership inclusions change.
- All Highlanders Club Memberships exclude access to any Highlanders Home or Away Finals matches however, Members are given preferential access to purchase Home Finals tickets.
- Before the commencement of each season, some members will have their seats moved up to a maximum of three seats either to the left or right of existing seats to fill individual seats between groups. You will not be moved rows or sections without being consulted.
- The Highlanders membership team can be contacted via phone on 03) 479 9280, via email at email@example.com, via our website thehighlanders.co.nz or by writing to PO Box 6070 North Dunedin 9059.
- Buy renewing or purchasing your Highlanders Club Membership over the phone, by the internet, or, over the counter you are accepting the Highlanders Club Membership terms and
- The Highlanders may from time to time, where necessary, vary the terms and conditions of Memberships and these terms & The Highlanders will communicate any changes to its membership’s terms and conditions via the Highlanders website. Members will have no claim against the Highlanders by reason of any change made to its membership terms and conditions.
3. PAYMENT AND FEES
- Highlanders will set Membership prices in advance of each season which will be notified to Members in writing and available on the Highlanders website.
- All prices quoted for Highlanders Memberships are in $NZD and are inclusive of GST.
- Prices quoted include any Ticketek booking fees but exclude any credit card surcharge (3.5% credit card surcharge applies if paying by credit card) or postage and handling fees.
- The Highlanders Buy Now Pay Later service provider is Laybuy. Laybuy offers a platform for payment over six weeks. There are no set up fees, however, a missed payment incurs a fee of $10.00 and if that missed payment remains unpaid after seven (7) days another $10.00 fee is incurred. Laybuy Terms and Conditions.
4. BUY NOW PAY LATER SERVICE PROVIDER
- The Highlanders Buy Now Pay Later service provider is Laybuy. Laybuy offers a platform for payment over six (6) weeks. The Highlanders reserve the right to cancel or suspend any memberships where payments are not received on two consecutive occasions.
- There are no set up fees, however, a missed payment incurs a fee of $10.00 and if that missed payment remains unpaid after seven (7) days another $10.00 fee is incurred.
- Early payment is possible and no penalty is imposed for making early payment on any instalments.
- Please refer to the full Laybuy Terms and Conditions available on their website: https://www.laybuy.com/nz/consumer-terms
- It is the Member’s responsibility to inform Laybuy of any updates or changes to the Members payment information prior to the next nominated instalment date.
- Highlanders reserve the right to suspend a Member’s Membership should they have outstanding debts, missed instalments or dishonour fees. The Membership shall remain suspended until all outstanding monies have been paid.
- Highlanders reserve the right to cancel a Member’s Membership where there are ongoing payment issues, at any time without prior notice.
- Members will be unable to renew their Membership for the following season if there is any outstanding debt from the previous season. Members may only renew their Membership once any balance owing is paid in In addition, Members who have had their Membership suspended at any point may be denied the option to pay in instalments for the following seasons and be required to pay their Membership fees upfront.
- The decision to pay the Membership Fee in instalments does not affect the order in which seats are allocated to members.
5. REFUNDS, TERMINATIONS, TRANSFERS AND RENEWALS
- Highlanders do not take responsibility for the selection of membership packages or tickets purchased by individuals. If an error is made by the purchaser when purchasing tickets or membership packages Highlanders are not held responsible.
- A Membership may be terminated for failure to pay annual Membership Fee payments and/or instalment payments, or for failure to comply with the conditions set by Highlanders contained in these Terms.
- A Membership may also be cancelled due to the misconduct of a Member or their guest, including but not limited to, verbal or physical abuse or intimidation of any representative of the Highlanders or venue staff.
- Members must complete their renewal within the timeframe specified. If renewal requests are received after this date; seat allocations, privileges and/or benefits cannot be guaranteed.
- Refunds are not generally provided for change of mind purchases. If you wish to request a refund please submit your application in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be considered on a case by case basis. Please note that if the member has attended one or more games in the relevant season, no refund will be granted.
- Gift with purchase memberships: If a refund is approved the cost +10% of any such gift or expended costs associated with the membership will be deducted from any such refund (including but not limited to; merchandise gifts, card printing, lanyards).