Highlanders Rugby Club Limited Partnership (HRCLP', 'we' or 'us') take your privacy very seriously.
How we collect personal information about you:
• Directly from you when:
- you register for any HRCLP online services
- you subscribe to emails from us;
- you make enquiries of us; or
- you communicate with us directly or through social media or other third party accounts that you have linked to your HRCLP registration
- you respond to surveys, or requests for information
• From other people or organisations when you authorise us to contact them to obtain personal information about you.
• Through your use of our websites.
The kind of personal information we collect:
We only collect the personal information you give to us or authorise us to collect from other people or sources. The information we collect may include your name, address, email address, date of birth, gender, phone number and IP address (including country IP address originates from).
• We may also collect information about:
- your preferences for receiving email updates, marketing communications and other subscription information; and
- any other personal information you may choose to provide to us, or authorise other persons to provide to us.
If you choose not to provide us with personal information, we’ll be unable to provide access to certain content or services.
How we use your personal information:
We will primarily use your personal information:
• to provide you services, offers and/or communications associated with HRCLP or that you have requested or for which you have subscribed, which may include:
- News, offers & promotions;
- Information about ticketing;
- Offers or promotions from our commercial partners;
- For any other purpose that we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected.
We may communicate with you by email or, where you provide us with your mobile number, by text/picture/video message.
If we rely on your consent as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
You can ask us to 'block' or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us doing so. If you are entitled to restriction and if we've shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about the restriction where it is reasonably possible for us to do so.
Right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are
• processing your personal information on the basis of the legitimate interests of us or a third party, unless we can demonstrate overriding compelling legitimate grounds for the processing, or the processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
• processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
How we may share your personal information:
We may share your personal information with organisations that we may appoint to carry out administration, processing and other services on our behalf. These service providers will not be authorised by us to use or disclose your personal information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf, or to comply with legislation.
We may also disclose your personal information for the purposes of safety and security to relevant law enforcement bodies, or as may be authorised by you.
Cookies and Analytics
Like many other website operators, we may use 'cookies' on the HRCLP website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive and are used to record how you navigate the HRCLP website on each visit, including providing us with information about pages and advertisements (including click through from emails) which have been viewed, how frequently particular pages are visited and the most popular areas of HRCLP website.
In addition to cookies, we may use Google Analytics and other tracking software including, but not limited to, Google, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter retargeting throughout the HRCLP website to understand and optimise user experience and to improve HRCLP advertising. This tracking software collects and analyses certain types of information, including cookies, IP addresses, device and software identifiers, referring and exit URLs, onsite behaviour and usage information, and other similar information.
We and any of our third party analytics service providers may:
• use the cookies of that analytics service provider together with the cookies of another analytics provider to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user's past visits to this website.
Our website may also detect and use your IP address or domain name for internal web traffic monitoring and capacity purposes, or to otherwise administer the relevant NZR websites, but no personal information is collected.
Patterns of use by visitors to our website may be tracked for the purposes of providing improved service and content based on review of user’s website traffic patterns.
Turning off cookies and opting out of analytics
You do not have to accept cookies and can change your browser settings to prevent cookies being stored on your computer. But, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you and may affect your visitor experience.
For further information on cookies and how to switch them off see www.allaboutcookies.org.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics using the Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
Storage and Security
We will only hold your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected (unless otherwise required by law).
We will take reasonable steps to safely and securely store your personal information against loss, unauthorised access, disclosure, use, modification or other misuse. However, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means as information sent over the internet may be unsecure.
Accessing and Correcting your Personal Information
You are entitled to request access to, and correction of, the personal information we hold about you.
If the information you have requested can be readily retrieved, and subject to any lawful grounds for withholding, we will provide you with a copy of the personal information you have requested.
Requesting Erasure of Your Personal Information
You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances, such as where we no longer need it, if you withdraw your consent (where applicable) or you validly object to the processing. If you are entitled to erasure we will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Note, even after our reasonable efforts to erase, there may be some residual information that could remain within our databases and other records which is not removed. We may also need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, for compliance with our legal obligations, for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims and/or to complete any transactions started before your request is received. If we have shared your personal information with others, we will let them know about your request where reasonably possible.