Pulse Energy Highlanders Assistant Coach – Defence
- October 30, 2020
The Pulse Energy Highlanders, in conjunction with New Zealand Rugby, are currently recruiting for the position of Highlanders Assistant Coach – Defence, ideally with experience and expertise in forward play.
As the Highlanders Defence Coach you will contribute to the leadership and development of players to maximise their performance in all aspects of defence.
As part of the Highlanders Coaching team you will:
- Assist in preparing the team to a standard of excellence that enhances the reputation of the Highlanders Club, New Zealand Rugby and the Super Rugby competition.
- Develop and implement the Highlanders defence strategy;
- Coach the critical skills – e.g. technical coaching of the players’ ensuring that they have the skills required to implement the defence strategy;
- Assist the Highlanders Forwards Coach in aspects of forward play;
- Contribute to the development of game plans as well as the review and analysis of team performance; and
- Monitor and assess the performance of players to assist with team selection
- Work in partnership with National Team and Provincial Union coaches to create a pool of knowledge of defence strategies.
In addition to your defence coaching experience and expertise, you will have a strong understanding of the high-performance rugby environment. You will be an outstanding leader with a high degree of self-awareness and proven experience in developing athletes as well as building the capability of those who work with you.
Your ability to build relationships with multiple rugby stakeholders will help to ensure your success in the role. To be successful in this role you must bring experience working with and coaching a professional team, along with defence coaching expertise.
This is an outstanding opportunity for candidates with coaching experience at a provincial union, Super Rugby or similar level to play a key role in the development of the Highlanders, and New Zealand Rugby.
To discuss further or to submit an application, please contact:
A job description is available on request.